Thursday, March 19, 2009

Whew!









Here is the stack of 80 little mattresses and quilts for the grandtwins. I bought a packed of pea seeds and enclosed one of the litte peas in plastic and fabric. That is the white square in the bottom photo with the book. I ran out of time...so no clothing for the Barbies. I am sending a note to see if the girls would like clothing for their Barbies. I understand they really don't play with the Barbies right now.
The blue stack of quilts is for Taylor. The pink stack of quilts is for Piper.
This afternoon I went to Jubilee House for the sewing class I am teaching there. There are currently six women in residence. One is new this week. Three of the women have finished making their bags/totes. At the present time we have only one very poorly running sewing machine. It really needs to be serviced. Anyway, the women have to take turns using the sewing machine. Today they started doing some redwork so they have something to do while they wait. I enjoyed my time at Jubilee House. I feel good about helping them.


2 comments:

Louise in SW Saskatchewan said...

RE: Sewing machines at Jubilee House........ Maybe when you come up this summer, I can send a machine or 2 back with you for them. Older but in working condition, if they haven't all been given away yet.

Rose Anne B said...

Sheesh 80 little quilts for each twin!!! Glad it wasn't me sewing them up!!! (chuckling)