Thursday, April 16, 2009

I Remember

I remember when a large majority of Americans were hard-working, honest, compassionate, generous, and caring people.

I remember when I went to school, all the kids learned to read, write and do math way before we graduated from high school. We did not have guns and knives and killings in school. About the worst thing kids did then was to shoot spit balls or chew gum in school.

I still think most Americans are hard-working, honest, compassionate, generous and caring people. But...somewhere along the way, we find ourselves with a huge bunch of people who do not have these qualities and values. We have far too many people who now "demand" that the government take care of them from cradle to grave. I am sad for the people who want handouts because they are being robbed of dignity, pride, self-worth, and respect that comes from one's own labor.

No comments: