Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Leaves




I have been thinking about leaves. I have been thinking about making some thing with leaves - fabric leaves. Weeping Willow tree leaves. Honestly, I don't know where this is going. However, today I got out some of the hand dyed fabric I have had for a few years. I use some double sided iron on Heat N Bond on the hand dyed fabric and then cut out leaves. I made a little pile of triangles with the scraps.


We had several Weeping Willow trees on the farm where I grew up. One of these big old trees was uprooted by Hurricane Hazel in 1954.


I have hand embroidered a vein down the center of some of the leaves. I wonder where I am going with this....


1 comment:

Kinney Kreations said...

Oh, i can't wait to see what you come up with. looks very interesting so far...