Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Ennis, Montana

I spent last night at a Super 8 in Billings, Montana. It was a long drive through lots of open space. I took a nap after I checked in. Then watched a movie on TV, The Package. That was a mistake... cuzzzzzzzz...then I couldn't sleep. Sigh.

It was after 11:00 AM when I left Billings today. I really didn't want to drive and was very indecisive about my route. I felt tired and cranky. Grrrrrrrrrr I stopped at a quilt shop in Laurel and purchased one fat quarter. Later I stopped at a quilt shop in Livingston and purchased one fat quarter. After talking to the lady at the Visitor's Center, I decided not to drive through Yellowstone National Park due to heavy traffic and road construction. Later I had lunch and looked at my maps. I called a motel in Ennis and made a motel reservation.

I got back on I-90 west. I stopped in Bozeman for gas and to get new batteries for my camera at Target.

As I drove along the Madison River on Route 84, I thought about how nice it would be to stick my feet in the cold water. It looked so cool and refreshing. I saw people on boats and tubes and rafts. My attitude improved as I drove along. The scenery is lovely in this area, the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, I think. I have been through Ennis twice before - once in 1980 on bike and a few years ago I drove through it. This is the place famous for its Strawberry Pie. I might get some tomorrow.

I can't get on the Internet at my motel. It asks for a device password. The lady at the motel insists they do not require a password. I don't know how to fix the problem. I had the same issue at the Inn Monday night. So I am currently at the Subway.

I am about 312 miles from home or about 4 hours and 45 minutes. So that will be an easy drive tomorrow, especially after I get back on the Interstate.

No comments: