Saturday, July 18, 2009

Fun with Friends

I arrived at Heather's home around 5 or 6 something on Thursday evening. Kerry came over and we all enjoyed the delicious dinner Heather prepared.

Heather expressed a desire to learn to make yo yo's. So I showed her how to make them by hand. After that I got out my super duper "Clover" yo yo maker and showed her how to use it. Well, Ms. Heather is now "hooked" on making yo yo's. LOL Go, Heather go!

Friday morning Kerry came over with the lovely bracelets she made. Heather and I oooh'd and aaah'd over them. And Kerry gave each of us a couple of fabulous beaded bracelets. They are stunning! (Now I want to learn to make them.)

Then we went shopping. The first stop was the local quilt shop. We took TT in with us. She was a big hit and had fun with the shop owner. Next we stopped at the Dollar Store. After that it was off to Tim Horton's for some refreshments. TT had a double double! It was after 3 PM when I left MH for Morse.

What? No Saskatoon Berry Pie Ice cream! I stopped at the Visitor's Center in Maple Creek, SK. And... the snack place was out of SBP ice cream. I had a cone of Burgundy Cherry instead.

I arrived in Morse around 7:30 PM and in time for the Art Exhibit at the Community Center. I enjoyed seeing the kid's art. They did a great job. But then...they had an excellent teacher - Dale Anne.

I enjoyed the evening with the Potter's at their home. (I hope sleeping in Dale's studio will rub off some creativity on me.)

Biff and Butch were up early - just after 5 AM and went fishing. No luck. They came home mid morning with out any fish.

Dale and I chatted over coffee. Then we looked at some books and magazines I brought along.

Biff prepared a yummy omelet for lunch.

The Potter's are watching golf on TV. I'm heading upstairs for a nap.

1 comment:

Jean "Alexandra" McKeever said...

Golf was over - it was CFL football!!!
LOL

THANKS for the comments about the Summer Art Camp for kids....they wore me out but we each had FUN!!!