Thursday, July 16, 2009

Waking up in Great Falls, Montana

Good Morning!

I have been awake for about an hour and am enjoying my morning coffee. I'm at the Super 8 in Great Falls, MT. My room is right next to the breakfast room. How convenient!

Yesterday I drove 400.2 miles - from Rigby, ID to Great Falls, MT - with a pleasant brief stop in Rexburg to see a quilter. I had lunch in Lima, MT. The tuna salad (sandwich) had way too much chopped pickle in it. Eeeeeek! Later I spent about an hour in Dillon - at the visitor's center, library, and quilt shop.

I truly enjoyed the drive. I listened to "The Road Less Travelled and Beyond" on tape. But decided it was not what I wanted to hear at that moment. So I switched the tapes to "Morgan's Run." I think I am about half way through it. I will play the rest of it today.

After I checked into the motel last night, I headed out to one of my favorite places - Fudrucker's, for a delicious burger and fries with salsa and melted cheese.

I had an enjoyable, relaxing evening watching TV and a pretty good night's rest.

1 comment:

david said...

Glad you're enjoying our wonderful community -- before you leave, be sure to check out some of our cool local places -- the Downtown Dog House, or Giant Springs park, or Gibson Pond!