Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Day 2 Jackson, WY to Cody, WY

It was around 9:30 when I left the motel this morning.  I stopped for gas on my way out of Jackson.  It was $30.43 or $2.749 per gereallon. 

I could not see the mountains as I drove through Grand Tetons NP.  It was completely socked in.  I was disappointed.   Fortunately,  I saw those mountains during the summer of 1980 when I rode my bicycle through this area.  I was headed south at that time.  On this trip I was driving north.

By the time I reached Yellowstone NP the weather was clear.   During the late morning and early afternoon, I started to feel sleepy.  Not good.  So... I loaded myself up with caffeine.  After that...well... you know a full bladder is not very comfy.  Where's the next potty?  So..it was not entirely a fun drive.

I think it was three something this afternoon when I got to Cody.  I drove around a bit.  Where should I stay tonight?  I settled on "Moose Creek Lodge."  I am happy with my selection. 

I took a little nap soon after I checked in. 

I went to a nice Italian restaurant downtown.  The food was excellent.  I had eggplant parmesan.  The garlic bread was...well... very garlicy.  Yum.

I am back at the motel now.  It is time to relax and rest.

No comments: